Customized design and production of precision manufacturing plastic molds for injection mold processing plants Customized plastic molds with drawings
Why do you want to make a mold like this?
Nowadays, many equipments need a mold. Without a mold, it will be very troublesome to shape and cannot achieve the desired effect. There are more and more mold manufacturers. Each person will have their own shortcomings and shortcomings in the design process. The methods summed up by technicians with more than 20 years of experience are as follows:
1. Accept the assignment
The task table of plastic molding parts is usually proposed by the part designer, as shown below:
1. Part of the drawings that have been approved, and indicate the use of plastic brands, transparency, etc.
2. Specifications or technical requirements for plastic parts.
3. Production output.
4. Samples of plastic parts.
2. Collection, analysis and digestion of raw data
Collect and organize relevant part design, molding process, molding equipment, machining and special processing data used in mold design.
1. Digest the drawings of plastic parts, understand the usage of the parts, analyze the technical requirements, dimensional accuracy, etc. of the plastic parts. For example, what are the requirements for plastic parts in terms of appearance, color transparency, performance, geometric structure, slope, insertion, etc.? The allowable degree of defects such as weld marks, shrinkage holes, coatings, and electroplating. Post-processing such as bonding and drilling. The size of the plastic part with high dimensional accuracy is selected for analysis to see whether the estimated molding tolerance is lower than that of the plastic part and whether the desired plastic part can be formed. In addition, we should also understand plastics and molding process parameters.
2. Digest the process data, analyze whether the molding method, equipment model, material specification, mold structure type and other requirements proposed in the process task book are appropriate and can be implemented. The molded material must meet the molding conditions, applicability, elasticity, toughness, and transparency. It should also meet the basic requirements of material dyeing, metal conditions, decorative performance and welding performance.
3. Determine the molding method
Adopt direct pressure method, casting pressure method or injection molding method.
4. Choose molding equipment
We need to use samples for operation, so we must understand the performance, operation methods and use skills of various equipment.
In order to estimate the overall size of the mold, determine whether the mold can be installed and used on the selected injection molding machine.
5. Specific structure plan
(1) Determine the mold type
Such as compression molds (open, semi-closed, closed), casting molds, injection molds, etc.
(2) Determine the main structure of the mold type. Only under the condition of 100% reliability can the mold be operated to meet the requirements of manufacturing technology and production cost. The molding technology must ensure the geometric shape of the parts, the smooth surface, and the precise size. The production cost is required to reduce the production cost, increase the efficiency, and continue to work, saving part of the labor force.
3. There are many factors that affect the structure of the mold and the various systems of the mold. These factors are very complicated:
1. Set the cavity. According to the geometric characteristics of plastic parts, dimensional accuracy requirements, batch size, mold manufacturing difficulties, mold costs, etc., determine the number of cavities and their layout.
For injection molds, the accuracy of plastic parts is 3 and 3a, the weight is 5 grams, the hardening casting system is adopted, and the number of cavities is 4-6; the general accuracy of plastic parts (level 4-5), the molding material is partially crystallized, The number of cavities can reach 16-20; the weight of plastic parts is 12-16g, the number of cavities is 8-12; the weight of plastic parts is 50-100g, and the number of cavities is 4-8. For amorphous plastic parts, the recommended cavities are 24-48, 16-32 and 6-10. As the weight of plastic parts continues to increase, multi-cavity molds are rarely used. For plastic parts with an accuracy of 7-9, compared with the indicating accuracy of 4-5, the maximum number of cavities increases to 50%.
2. Determine the partition profile. The position of the split profile should be conducive to the operation of the mold, venting, demoulding and forming operations, and the surface quality of the plastic parts.
3. Determine the shape, position and size of the gating system (main, auxiliary, door) and exhaust system (exhaust method, exhaust slot position, size).
4. The use of dispersion methods (ejector, pipe, push plate, and combination methods) has established a concave-convex treatment method on one side and several commonly used core-pulling methods.
5. Choose the cooling method, heating mode, the condition and location of the heating and cooling tank, and the installation conditions of the heating element.
6. Determine the width and state of the mold through the material and data of the model.